Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Best of Teen Writing of 2011 (11/17/14)

The Best of Teen Writing (11/17/14)
Book By: Myla Goldberg
Blog by: Sonny S.
Prompt:  
1) What is the mood of what you’re reading (happy, sad, funny, serious, etc.)?
Defend your idea.
2) What was going through your mind as you read?

     The mood in all of the short stories are normally happy. The mood in this story is serious. My evidence to prove that this story (The Spectrum by Kevin Hong and I've read this a while back) is serious is that it says it is serious. Well, I should rephrase myself and say that the part of the book I'm reading is serious, the scene is the serious part. It says that, ""Seriously," Bo said..." This proves that the scene is serious.

     If you're asking, "What makes this scene so serious?" Well, I'm going to answer that question. The thing that makes this scene so serious is that there is like, a stench from some paint that makes Bo feel like he has a condition. Bo says, "...my eyes feel swollen. I feel like there's a probe (A probe is like a instrument that doctors use on their patients to explore the wounded part of the body) poking around my nose. I think I'm developing a condition." The weird thing is that this happened when the crew was having lunch. The crew wasn't even painting at that time, they were eating. That's the bad thing about this, they weren't painting and Bo still took in the stench from the paint.

     As I read, I feel so anxious to read the rest of the stories. It's really cool to see all the kinds of different stories written by different people. The different types of writing types and different word choices through-out the book make you feel like you're improving very fast. It's also really cool because it's all in one book, which on my opinion was a very smart idea. This book makes me very anxious to read, and I think this is one of my favorite books, I hope I can find other versions (2012, 2013, 2014)!



1 comment:

  1. You are the first person to blog about this particular book. I will be on the look out for other years. Would you be interesting in trying to get a piece of your writing published like they have?

    ReplyDelete