Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Lady or the Tiger? (10/20/14)

"The Lady... or the Tiger?"
Blog by: Sonny S.
Story by: Frank Stockton

In this blog, I will be sharing what I think the ending should be to "The Lady or the Tiger?" This short story originally takes place in 3rd person... but I will be changing it into 1st person... just for the extra suspense.

    Every single heart in the amphitheater completely stopped beating... every breathe was held. I didn't know which door to choose. I honestly don't even know why I'm here, but I'm here. I bet it was that beautiful princess. But that king brought me here... WAIT! That's why... he caught me looking at that princess. Ugh, I don't know which door to choose. 

    I was walking along the streets in my olden times, and seen a beautiful young lady. She seemed like she was very nice. So I was there, just glancing at her from the corner of my eye. It was at that moment when I saw the King, I was assuming it was her father based on their interactions. So that was the princess I was staring at, I was lingering around her. I think he noticed me... and maybe that's why I'm here.

     So I look back at her and her father. I don't know what door to choose! I know there is a lady, and a tiger. So which door should I choose? I go to the door on the left, and open it... but the right door opens? It's pitch black behind the door, and can't see in. I can't hear anything either. I see a lady coming out. I was really confused. Then I realized... I should've died. But then, the princess sees me with a very viscous look. I see her giving a command to her guards, then she points at me... and then, I feel sick.

    I go along with my day. I'm now getting married. I look at the crowd attending to this occasion. She thought this contingency would never ever happen. She thought that her immense tiger would come out of that door, and relentlessly kill me. No mercy at all! I knew this, I seen it in her eyes. But I also didn't just see it in her eyes... I seen her at my wedding! I sprang up from my knees, and I immediately made a run for it. The king made his decision to kill my future wife, my lover. There was only one way to stop him... and that was at her execution.

I'm at my lovers (the maiden) execution. I have a best friend named Arno. He is a master assassin. My plan is to turn this party around. Arno already lives where this execution is taking place... it is in Paris. So I travel to Paris. It takes place right in front of Notre Dame de Paris. Arno takes on more than around 10 guards at once. He starts this right away. He successfully kills the king... the princess is placed in jail... and me, well... I'm now the King of Rome, and Arno is my knight... and my lover, she's my queen.


4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed listening to you present this rather, unique, and interesting blog Sonny. Although it might have strayed just a teensy tiny bit off topic, it was very entertaining. I'm pretty sure no one saw that outcome coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job I was a bit confused on the ending though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your blog, it got a little confusing at the end but it was really creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was very entertaining but confusing and funny as well. Assassins?

    ReplyDelete