Friday, January 9, 2015

My First Time (1/05/15)

My Fist Time
By: Sonny S.
1/05/15

     This is a story of when I fist played an acoustic guitar. I've played an electric guitar before and I loved it! I had an guitar amp and was ready to play. I had guitar picks and was playing songs after just a couple weeks! I was so excited when I received this guitar for Christmas. I enjoy playing it. Now, I encountered an acoustic guitar, I haven't played guitar in two weeks, and now I'm playing a different kind of guitar. The only difference is that I'm in public when I have the chances to play this guitar.

     When I play this acoustic guitar, I play in school. I have about twenty people in my class and I'm a little ahead of everyone else. I already know how to play songs, it's just that the transition... that feeling you get when you first pick-up a different version of something and feel like you know what you're doing, but there are differences between the two guitars.

     On the guitars, I have to feel and adjust to my environment, and the feeling I have when I get this opportunity to play. I love guitar and I'm really in it, but feeling and adjusting to this new type of guitar is a lot more different than you would think. The frets on the guitar are in slightly different places. When you play on the acoustic guitar, you also encounter some more problems. You don't know if you tune the guitar the same way. You also might have to play some songs in different areas of the neck (a neck of the guitar is where you play, not strum) due to the different sounds the guitar makes.

     I love guitar, and I will keep playing. I will hopefully be able to play both electric and acoustic one day. I will keep trying until that day comes. When I learn and know a decent amount of facts about both guitars, it'll be pretty easy to play the guitar. When that day comes, I will have time to excel in my guitar skills.


2 comments:

  1. Typo in the first sentence, but overall its pretty good. P.S. you're going to do good in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Sonny! How have you improved with the guitar since you wrote this blog?

    ReplyDelete