Tuesday, May 19, 2015

End of the Year Reflection Blog

Sonny S.
5/18/15
End of Year Reflection Blog

Prompts:
1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?


     There have been many important things that I've learned this year. One of which was annotating. This is a very important life skill that I will need. Although I knew how to annotate a little already, this class really helped me develop some more advanced annotating skills, along with some more critical thinking skills. I think those were the most important parts that I've learned this year.

     Something that I would remember for the rest of my life in Mrs. Larson's class would be the parties. Mrs. Larson had good parties and that was the best part of the year. I mean, I really wouldn't say that homework was the best part of the year, but it really was that first party. All the memories with my friends was really good.

     One time... Bianey gave me brownies, that was one of the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me in the school year. Normally we just experienced a learning experience, and we were always concentrated, so I really can't say that anyone has done anything more nice for me other than being very kind in general.

     I taught the new classmates to the accelerated class how to do everything, and to catch up. People really normally don't talk because everyone is so concentrated. This is a really good class, that once you're in, you want to stay in.

     I improved in so much this year, that I can't even list all the things in this very tiny paragraph. But isn't that a good thing how I learned so much. I mean, when I say it's a serious class... it really is a serious class.

     The most challenging part of the year was really everything. I mean not everything was hard... I just took everything as a challenge. I normally do better like that anyway. I can really get really really really competitive.

     My favorite book this year was A dog's Life. This was a really good book because of the detail in the book. I did this one of my blogs... you should read it.







1 comment:

  1. Good blog Sonny! I liked how you put that the first party we had was one of the best memories and it really is. I just think you should make your paragraphs a little longer, add a picture, and write the advice you would give the sixth graders for next year. Besides that nice job!

    ReplyDelete