Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I Surived: The Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79 (Summer Reading Blog #1)

Sonny S.
I Survived: The Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79
Prompt: Why did you choose this to read? Give at least 3 reasons why.
 

     The reason why I chose this book was because I was really interested in the destruction of Pompeii because of the aftermath. People were changed into statue like thing because of this volcano (Vesuvius). This was very interesting to me because these days when a volcano explodes, people are normally aware, and eventually start to flee.
 
     Another reason why I chose to read this book was because I was curious to why people were unaware that this volcano was active. Now, I know that they didn't have the technology that we have in todays era, but still... shouldn't they've known that there was a giant volcano next to them. Volcano's do give signs when they're active. Were they unaware of these signs?
 
     The final reason why I chose to read this book was because I was curious to see if there were any survivors. I also like the I Survived franchise, and how they put together the storyline. So I was thinking that they would probably have an ending where the main characters were escaping and said something like, "Their weren't many survivors after the volcano erupted, but at least there were some."

No comments:

Post a Comment