Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Just a Dream"

"Just a Dream"
by: Sonny
Inspired by "Road not Taken"

“Just a Dream”
That day I was tired, and I went to sleep:
The next day, I realized I had to make a choice
Stay in bed, or leave my warm, comfortable bed
I was disappointed when I made my decision
but I knew it was the right choice

I decided to get out of bed, because of school
Then, I got ready for school,
slid down the stairs on a mattress,
And left my warm and safe home,
my protection, from the open world

I was running from the thoughts that created regret,
I wanted to turn around and go back,
but I already made my decision,
And I realize now, I regret it
I had to live with it

I was expecting to be there on time,
but I wasn’t too sure
It felt like I was running in circles
I couldn’t stop because I would fall into a void,

Then I realized… that choice made all the difference

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your poem. I would regret that choice too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete